Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - (no title)

So, once again, almost like PMS (but not), my mind turns reflective and I end up thinking about things that I would rather avoid pondering. It's usually because I dream dreams that I hate, that seem to keep me unsettled for the remainder of the day. I see objects, I smell scents, I even taste foods that flash someone's face in my mind the instant the sense is aroused. I hear songs that force my thoughts to people and places I just couldn't care less about.

Read again; CouldN'T care less about. In fact, I care too much about these people, and so I contemplate my relationship with them to every finite detail.

I don't think there's such thing as loving too much. But I'm beginning to create my own thesis that it's possible to care too much. I mean, loving someone couldn't be wrong. Love is so celestial. But caring too much, that can be caring about people you love AND people you hate. Or, in some cases, people who I think hate me.

I wonder, too, if people already know I'm this unsure about everything. If they suspect that I'm this self-conscious about how I think they feel about me. Or is my facade of strength and self-assurance and confidence radiating out of me enough as to camouflage my insecurity.

See, but there it is again-- why should I care if they know I'm like this? It's just me. All encompassing, alpha and omega of yours truly. Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing. But the vulnerability of just opening my heartstrings for anyone to strike a chord is a little unsettling, to say the least.

Is everyone this pathetically, introvertedly uncertain or am I just the one out of place in a dauntless world. Are they like me, feebly masking their feelings when the rest of the population can see right through the mirage? Or am I shocking you all!?

0 comments: