Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - Babies and Couches and Chairs, oh my! and An Eye For An Eye

What a day!

I've taken on nannying a little 8 month-old girl who's a child of a former roommate and his wife. She's adorable. Unfortunately, they phoned yesterday and asked if I could take her today-- not much notice. So, she arrived early this morning.

(and she'll be back tomorrow)

Which isn't so bad, except that I wanted to take my mother-in-law out to look at furniture for her new house and stuff, and with Bear and LL AND that child, it was quite the feat! I mean, these furniture stores weren't LEONS by any means. These were "here, have a 7000.00 ottoman for your living room" kinda stores. La-dee-da kind of stores. Miss my-butt-doesn't-stink kind of stores!!!!!

(okay, and actually, my butt DOESN"T stink, in case you were TOTALLY reading that wrong!!!)

so, it was quite a day... trying to understand sleep signals and hungry signals and bored signals and dirty bum signals. And that was just my mother-in-law!!! :)

talked to my Dad today, though. Man, great guy. And I really enjoyed having the day with my MIL. She's great too. The two of them are very pea-like. Out of the same pod. Great, great, supportive people. With the ability to tell stories about their lives like NO-ONE's business!

Yah. Good day, but busy. I should go to bed, since tomorrow isn't shaping up to look any less so!


Got in a one-word fight with Chris tonight. not so much a fight as he yelled at me. But whatever.

I've decided that the next time he says he's taking Tito my cat to the SPCA, that I'll just tell him that I'll take his precious Xbox to the dump. He hates the cat, I hate the game.

After all, I'm willing to compromise! :)

I know, how immature. But I'm in a bad mood. Don't cross me. (those who know me personally, know EXACTLY why not!!)

yah. Horrible day after 3 o'clock. Dealt with pee and vomit and pooh and every nasty thing possible. This time it wasn't even MY kid!! It was the dayhome child. Poor little thing. Before 3 o'clock, I had a great day oogling at expensive crap I'll never own or even THINK of buying and putting in a house full of kids. Nice stuff. But no way.


Has anyone else noticed I'm kinda talking in sentence fractions?!!!

0 comments: