Monday, August 17, 2009

Time for Some Confusion

While I wait for some unhallowed hour to come when my three monkeys will walk through the door, or more likely, be carried I have a moment or twelve to blog. FINALLY. Chris decided at the last minute to bring them home from BC a day early - leaving me scrambling to return the 2 hours back to Calgary in order to be here when they arrive. And, might I mention, he left at about 9 pm. And it's over 6 hours of driving. So, I may be up for a while yet.

I can't REALLY complain, though. I mean, Chris took the kids for the ENTIRE past week, so I could get the "old house" moved into the "new house". Don't let those confuse you-- it may be "NOT ME MONDAY", but when I say "old house", I mean the one I am moving out of-- NOT the "new house" I'm moving into. In reality, the "old house" is much newer than the "new house", seeing as "new house" was built about 30 years BEFORE "old house" was. Confused yet? :)

I have about one vanload left of "stuff" in this 'old house' to bring back to the new house. And then, old house is just a decorated shell. As I said before, I have one house that LOOKS functional... but ISN'T, and one house that DOESN'T look functional, but IS. Old house is just for show now. And hopefully, that show gets it a sale, too! Because I'd really like NOT to have two mortgages.

OOOOh...a few 'before' shots of our new house. For your laughing viewing pleasure. And yes-- we're FULLY aware that the kitchen is carpeted, the carpets in the house are wool and blue, OR shag, and yes, the curtains are to die for (or because of!). But in a few days, it'll be home sweet home. It's got GREAT square footage, and HUGE yard, and will fit our family. And I'm marrying a handy, clever, hard-working dude, so just you wait for the after pictures. Besides, it's not the furniture or the carpets that make a house a home...

Wedding plans are going great. I'm super super lucky to have some GREAT friends with amazing talents, and they're all CONVENIENTLY joining forces into one company. If you wanna see some of their work, check out their individual blogs or sites, (Vanessa= photography, Carla=catering, Keshia=graphic design, and Bree=Event planner) or, best yet, check out the company's blog, Mod Squad.

I'm also thrilled that so many others are helping-- sewing/altering dresses, decorations, music, cakes. Everything is coming together nicely, and we don't have much else to get ready. I can't wait to post pics for you guys.

And Will and I? buying a home and changing jobs and joining two families and renovations and merging bank accounts--- BIG changes. There's bound to be some speed bumps along the way of our first year of marriage. Lucky for us, being married before kinda helps us go into a new marriage with the understanding that those things lie before us. Unlike the first, VERY naive times we got married. This time, there's just a little less wool over our eyes. (let's not make another reference to the blue carpets already! ;) )

7 comments:

deb@virginia blue said...

everything is moving along so quickly!! you've come a long way since i "met" you last Fall...

xoxox

Cyndi said...

These pictures just don't do your carpet justice! LOL

I am glad that you are starting to get settled into your new house and that the wedding plans are going so smooth. I can hardly wait for the big day <3

Jillene said...

I am so happy for you!! New house, new hubby, lots of kids--this is going to be GREAT and I can't wait to see pics!!

Nikki said...

I love "newer" er "old" houses. For real! The squeaky floor boards, the big yards, the strange design ideas. This "new" house is definitely of an era. I know you'll have it being the most styling house on the street.

EmmaP said...

ok, i just want you to know that wehn i check my blog feeder, i ALWAYS read them in order... but when I saw this post, I SKIPPED two others to read it... it's true. Anyway, i LOVE the new house! it looks huge and knowing you, it will look FAB once you gets your hands on it and sink your teeth into it. Can't wait for "after" shots!

Grand Pooba said...

Yay, you're back. At least for now. Okay wait, you want to get rid of that blue and red carpet? Just change the kitchen carpet to white and you'll have a red white and blue house ready to go for your September 11st wedding ;)

We've missed you!

patty said...

the house is very nice! and so, the structure is not what makes a good home .... ..... are members of this house and are great!