Friday, August 28, 2009

8/52 and with the amount of driving I've been doing, it's a miracle this has only JUST happened once.

*graphic content and photos-- fair warning*

Find Mom Friday features last weekend's antics.

Yay that Will and I took his kids last weekend to the lake with Sin and Vegan and her family. We had a great time, about an hour away from our home.

Yay that there was fishing. Lots and lots of fishing!

Triple Yay that there was some AWESOME tubing. Yay that Sin and I went and we laughed our butts off so much, but nay that our stomachs hurt after! It was soooo fun! Nay that I haven't been tubing like that since I was young and I missed it!

And at the end of the day, we started the drive home.

Everything was great (yay), until a big doe ran across the highway (nay). We swerved to go behind her, and yay for her, she got across the road. But her little Bambi ran out right after her...big nay. At that point, we tried to swerve the OTHER way to avoid Bambi, but it didn't go so well.

BIG NAY: Bambi hit the front of my van with a huge *THUD*. Legs starfished, deer spun around in front of our screeching van, and before we knew it, we realized what had happened. Pulling over, we assessed the van damage. LUCKY for us (yayish), although we were travelling at 110kms/hour and the deer hit the front of the van pretty squarely, no airbags went off and no one was hurt. Yay.

Nay that I found out later that it was SUPER close to being much worse, as Bambi hit the van so hard that it moved the hood fairly severely back, and, another few millimetres and the hood would have flown up. Um. That woulda been a super big nay!

Yay that Kay was clever enough to look at the time on her cellphone. Yay that it was kinda freaky that it was EXACTLY 9:11 pm. Okay, how weird is that?!?!

So, Yay that Will kindly moved the body off the highway, and we all paid our respects to the little lad. Nay that I had to file a police report and everything, but yay that it was just a little deer and not worse!

And is it a yay, or a nay, that I've become SUCH a blogger that the first thing I think is "grab a camera!"???

7 comments:

Emily said...

Remember to get your insurance to pay for new carseats and boosters for your kids. Even this kind of jolt can put stress on the seat's plastic parts. It should be covered! :) Glad you guys are OK, I've seen much worse come from hitting a deer at 110km.

Kat said...

Glad you guys are ok, obviously someone is looking out for you and he loves you:)

holymotherofgod said...

Awwww that's the worst =( At least it died and didn't lie there DYING while you witness it. Damage to the vehicle coulda been way worse. LOL with the grab a camera and report it though =)

Lynn said...

So glad that everyone is okay and that there was the least amount of damage. What a crazy weekend!

Heather May said...

sucks about the deer. I think we were at the same lake last weekend. We were down at wally's beach all weekend and camped at the top of the dam. We probably just missed you all weekend! Hope you had fun!

Hailey said...

Am I the only one near tears for this poor bambino's mama??

So glad everyone is okay...and that the *major nay* with the hood did not occur - that would have been horrible!

I would have totally grabbed a camera too....While I'm not a blogger I totally take photos while writing blog posts in my head. how lame is that!!! lol

You didn't really need a van anyways, did you? *wink*

Grand Pooba said...

Oh my gosh! Poor bambi! Is it bad that I'm more concerned about the baby deer?