Thursday, April 8, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos - Excommunicated

Hrmm...
WAS in a good mood because of the Hockey game tonight. But then I came online and found out that I was kicked out of a community because... well, because I "wasn't" their religion.

you see, after those Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door that day and I shut the door in their faces, I decided that my angst against that religion wasn't fair or valid. I mean, every religion has people who are jerks and retards. So, I went to a JW community online and read about them. Then, it brought on a lot of questions. Long story short, I joined so I could get my questions answered by people that AREN"T jerks and retards. I even talked to my Stake President about it at my temple recommend interview, and told him all this. He said it was a good thing for me to do, as long as I didn't go too far. Which wasn't even ever an issue to me-- I'm perfectly happy as a Mormon, and I wasn't "investigating" their church as to join it-- just understand it.

Everything was wonderful. They were kind, and respected my own beliefs and I did everything I could NOT to disrespect theirs, no matter how different (or wrong) I may have thought it to be. Whatever. Point is, albeit unbeknownst to me, the other day I ALSO joined another "JW" community when I was invited but this community was labelled for those who had fallen away from the church. I joined, and thought "Fair enough, I could ALSO ask them about the church, because there's two sides to every coin."

yah, well, that got people upset. yada yada, I'm taken OFF the original community.

I don't know why the heck I am so hurt by it all. I hate people hating me. And the worst thing is-- if I had WANTED to be rude and get removed from the membership roles, I would have been. Those who know me KNOW I'm not one to hold my tongue when I have something I want to say. And they know I won't stand to be religiously attacked. (of course, except when the retards are at my door and I am too afraid to shut it on their faces). So, if I was TRYING to be rude, believe me, I WOULD have been rude!!! So, this slap in my face sux the most.

Part of me wants to attack their whole system--- the things I learned, the way I've been treated. Everything. However, the more better part of me realizes that hey-- I'm NOT JW, and I don't have to be allowed into their community. I was "lucky". I also think that attacking them is totally against who I want to be. Maybe not who I *AM*, but who I strive to be. For the most part, they seemed just like LDS people-- striving their hardest to follow teachings they know to be true and to overcome their own personal obstacles. They were kind, loving people.

I think that's why I'm sad. I think I was starting to see them as people I respected and felt something of a bond with. I feel like I've kinda lost a few friends.

0 comments: