Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Wishing For Daisy Halos- And I've Been Working Like A Dog

So, the past few days from getting home have been tumultuous. Actually, I'm not really sure that's the proper word to use in this instance. Let's try industrious. Whatever. Point is, they've been busy.


Apart from the incessant laundry and normal homemaker kind of jobs that are ALWAYS there, I've had to get the house ready for today-- the day it went on the market! WHOO HOO. (back to that in a sec)

Yah, so I'm FINALLY at the end of the laundry pile, and although I have a few loads to fold, at least there's no dirty clothes piling up in dingy corners. I have cleaned this house like CRAZY. And it feels amazing to walk in to the house and have it be soo dang clean. WOW. Yesterday I rented a carpet cleaner and did the entire house. No more cat pee, no more ground-in cheerios... just a nice, clean carpet. (for this week, at least) My friend took Elysia for the day and Jeremy just totted around on my back in a backpack I have. After walking around downtown Vancouver with him in a backpack, I realized just how much he enjoyed it and how easy it was to keep him amused that way. I'm DEFINITELY going to keep that thing more handy!

My back is killing me though. While carpet cleaning, I managed to dust and put away all those little "nicknacky" pieces that kinda make a home look cluttered. I also washed walls, arranged furniture in a more pleasing configuration and all that kind of good stuff. I have to reiterate-- this place looks freeking awesome!

So, today i finished the rest of the house, washed the floors... etc. Our realtor (my Aunt, actually) came over tonight and we did all the paper work and listed the house. I wanted to list it a little higher based on our property assessment, but based on what OTHERS are selling for, we had to bring our asking price down a bit. Hopefully we don't get too bad an offer. And hopefully that's soon, because man, I don't know how long I can KEEP the house this nice! I feel like such a boring Mom!



So, we drove by the new house today too. They were inserting the windows as we drove up. It's so cool to watch them, but I'm sure the builders were hating us just WATCHING them. Our neighbours drove up, and smiled at each other when they saw me get out of my car and take a picture. I'm sure they did the same thing. But, although I didn't talk to them, I did notice that they have two children. One looked to be about LL's age, possibly a TAD older, and the other one looked to be about Bear's age, like, within a month or so. That's pretty exciting to me.

Then, after the realtor and stuff, I went out with the girls for our Wednesday activity night. We went swimming at the wavepool, and it was great. But after we went to Krispy Kreme doughnuts. What all the fuss is, is totally beyond me. They're doughnuts! Anyways, we stayed there until well after they had closed, just talking and laughing our butts off! (which was a good thing because those doughnuts are COVERED in sugar!) It was great to be without the kids for the longest time in over a month. Now that Bear's taking a bottle, I should do that more often!

Okay, I'm OBVIOUSLY wayyyy too in the mood for talking, so I should probably end this blog and write more useless crap tomorrow. :)

0 comments: