Sunday, January 11, 2004

Wishing for Daisy Halos - Ultra Cool

Imported from Livejournal:

WOW!!!! I just found out the absolutest coolest information I've heard in forever!!! My sister called me. She's a big family history/geneology buff. So, she says sshe felt inspired to look up my husband's ancestors. I don't quite know how she found the first part, but she went to familysearch.org and typed in Chris' great grandmother, Mary Irene Kearl. With that, she typed in her father, James and her mother, Mary. Then she put Canada, Alberta, and hit "search". In all that, up came Mary Irene. She went to her pedigree chart, and lo and behold, hundreds of names came up. Well, even thought she was really excited to find that, she kept searching for something else... After following a family line (The Hyatt Family), she came across this one name, Peregrine Smith, married to a Mary. ANyways, Peregrine's father was named John Smith. Peregrine's mother? Get this--- POCAHONTAS!!!!! Honestly! I couldn't believe it--- my children's 13th great grandmother is the actual pocahontas! (too bad we can't claim native status! :) )
Now I'm going to go look up a bunch of stuff on her, find out some information about her and John Smith, stuff that isn't on the site. I never really liked the Disney movie of Pocahontas, but I'm going to go out and buy it. After all, how many of us can say we've got a disney movie out about our grandmother?! I don't think Ariel was a real person. Was Mulan? Hercules doesn't count either...pinocchio... hrm.
I'm really excited about that. When LL's old enough, telling her about her grandmother will be really cool. She's not only got royal blood (from my side) but she's got famous native blood from Chris'. That's something pretty cool.

0 comments: