Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Wishing for Daisy Halos - As Long As She Doesn't Snore

So, the north pole sucks!!! It's so cold here. My car wouldn't start and so we had to push it out of the stall so that Chris could park his car there so he could plug his in and get to work tomorrow. Pushing that beast was hideously horrible! I fell too many times, and in the 15 minutes it took us, I seriously came close to frostbite on my fingers and ears and toes. And I was wearing mitts!!!!


Okay, I'm reading The Work and the Glory, and it's at the part about plural marriages. I am a little confused on one part, though. Why do only the men get to marry twice or more? Why can't the woman have more than one? Because, the reason Brigham Young explained in history was that if a man married someone and she died, and then he remarried... how could he chose one wife over the other to be with for eternity? But, what about females in that same situation? Why isn't it the same-- I mean, we would love both husbands-- why make US chose? Why can we only get sealed once but men can be sealed indefinite amount of times?

Don't get me wrong. I would not stop Chris from marrying a second wife, *if he were a member and the church practised that* and I would be faithful in that. I would love her too, I'm sure, and I have no doubt that we would be best friends. I could imagine feeling that in a way, I was married to her too, as is Chris, just without the man-wife physical relationship, obviously. So, although I don't have a problem with the CONCEPT of plural marriage, I have a problem with a bit of the application part.

I know we aren't expected to do it. But one day we will.

0 comments: